Humboldt County, California. The Humboldt County Growers Alliance (HCGA) announces a campaign to collectively market Humboldt’s branded cannabis and its innovative product lines. The “Ask for Humboldt” campaign seeks to encourage Humboldt County cannabis consumers to purchase tested and regulated cannabis from locally licensed dispensaries.
ASK 4 HUMBOLDT
Is a collective marketing strategy to support Humboldt County cannabis brands in the county .
Encourage local cannabis consumers (and prospective cannabis consumers) to purchase tested and regulated Humboldt County cannabis products from local, licensed dispensaries.
Benefits of an “Act Local Approach”
- Increase sales for branded Humboldt cannabis product lines
- Increase sales at local dispensaries
- Improve public relations by putting faces to Humboldt’s cannabis industry
- Build upon existing culture and campaigns “Shop Local,” “Choose Humboldt,” and “Americas Cannabis Heartland”
- Increase local fanfare
- Show visitors that Humboldt embraces its cannabis industry
- Increase consumer education and awareness as to the benefits of purchasing Humboldt cannabis products
- Increase budtender awareness as to the benefits of encouraging the sale of Humboldt cannabis products
- Beta-test and improve marketing strategies in the local market first
- Increasing brand sales locally makes securing shelf space in other retail outlets easier
Staff will coordinate with all participating Humboldt cannabis brands and retailers and their respective marketing departments, e.g., promotions, fresh drops, farm demo days, social media, etc.
Exhibit at Eureka Friday Night Markets: July 1- September 30
- 14 branded (and non-branded) exhibitors
- Promote where to purchase at local dispensaries
- Educate attendees
Eureka Arts Alive: July, August, September, October
- Partner with participating Eureka dispensaries on the “Weed Walk,” a scavenger hunt at Arts Alive
Exhibit at: Mateel Summer Arts, NNMF, Fortuna Rodeo, Humboldt County Fair, etc.
Help to coordinate Humboldt brand “Demo Days” at participating retailers
Establish a new social media presence, @Ask4Humboldt, that targets local people who enjoy cannabis and/or are canna-curious. Coordinated social media presence with participating brands and dispensaries. #Hashtags for increased exposure.
Contract with a graphic designer to consistently produce and recreate new content.
Provide dispensaries with printed collateral that promotes the “Ask for Humboldt” campaign. Help coordinate farmer demo days. Develop a “Weed Walk” scavenger hunt to attract customers and increase sales. May collaborate with dispensaries to produce ads that promote “Ask for Humboldt.”
- “Ask for Humboldt” presence at all Friday Night Markets July 1-September 30
- “Weed Walk” July, August, September, and October at Arts Alive
- Exhibition at various events, e.g., Summer Arts, NNMF, County Fair, etc.
- New social media @Ask4Humboldt Instagram, Facebook, and Tik Tok.
- HCGA Elected Marketing Committee
- Bi-monthly Market Dynamics Call (twice a month)
- Fundraising with outside businesses
- One full-time staff member to coordinate and implement the above tasks
HOW to PARTICIPATE
- Participating brands and dispensaries must be dues paying members of HCGA. Dues are based on a progressive tiering structure. See hcga.co for license operator rates.
- 1.0 full-time staff at <$28.75/hour (existing salaried position)
- Independent contractors: graphic designers, videographers, etc.
- Printed marketing materials (signage, booth exhibition, etc.)
- Paid advertising, e.g., radio, digital, and/or print
- Tours associated with media or B2B
- Exhibition costs