On February 24, HCGA’s newly-seated policy committee approved a 2020 policy strategic plan designed to preserve, protect and enhance Humboldt County’s world-renowned cannabis industry.
The strategic plan sets out major five policy priorities for 2020:
- Reduce and streamline taxes.
- Protect the integrity of appellations and county of origin.
- Reduce regulatory burden on independent businesses.
- Reduce barriers to cannabis cooperatives.
- Ensure the viability of Humboldt businesses in interstate commerce.
While HCGA’s policy positions will continue to expand and evolve throughout the year, the strategic plan sets a basic framework for our advocacy in the coming year. HCGA’s full policy strategic plan is available [[here]].